This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#MyTFMValentine #TheFreshMarket
The perfect special occasion dinner – Browned Butter Filet Mignon and Lobster Tails with Kale Pesto. Serve over mashed potatoes and asparagus!
With Valentine’s Day only two weeks away, I thought I would share with you a romantic meal to make for your special someone. Whether you love this holiday or hate it, you’re still going to want to make this meal. I mean, I just use Valentine’s day as an excuse to eat an amazing meal and an even better dessert.
This meal was put together with the help of The Fresh Market (Thank You!). The Fresh Market is a specialty grocery store known for their high quality products and finest specialty foods. From seasonally fresh produce to exceptional meat and seafood, signature baked goods and carefully curated organics, you will find all the foods you love at The Fresh Market.
Aside from all of the amazing products available, The Fresh Market also has delicious meal kits which are perfect for any occasion and cooking ability.
This Valentine’s Day, I am teaming up with The Fresh Market to create an irresistible Valentine’s meal for two. The Valentine’s Day Meal Kit is $49.99 and you get to choose two entrees (Chateaubriand Cut Filet Mignon or North Atlantic Lobster Tail) plus Yukon gold whipped potatoes, asparagus, chocolate dipped strawberries, and a dozen roses.
This is what I chose in my meal kit – 1 filet mignon, 1 lobster tail, both sides, chocolate dipped strawberries, and roses. While I was at The Fresh Market picking up my kit, I decided to get a pint of grape tomatoes, kale and basil to make a pesto, and a chocolate lava cake. All I have to say is that my boyfriend is one lucky guy.
This meal is so easy to put together. I seared the filet mignon on a cast iron skillet and then finished it off in the oven. The lobster tails were also cooked on the skillet with garlic and browned butter. Finally, I threw the grape tomatoes onto the skillet for a few minutes just until they softened. To give the meal a special touch, I made a kale pesto. Don’t skip out on the pesto! Trust me. Finally, I warmed up the whipped potatoes, and put my plates together.
Dessert is chocolate covered strawberries and the richest chocolate lava cake!
The Valentine’s Day Meal Kit is available for orders from today until February 11th. The meal pick-up is February 12th to February 14th, just in time for your special Valentine’s Day dinner!
- 1 9-oz filet mignon
- 1 5-oz lobster tail, cut in half length wise
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Yukon gold whipped potatoes, to serve
- 1 cup kale, stems removed
- 1 cup basil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Remove filet mignon from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil to a cast iron skillet and melt over medium high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and sear 2 minutes on each side. Immediately place skillet in pre-heated oven and cook 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and take steak off skillet. Cover and set aside.
- Wipe off skillet and melt remaining 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Season lobster tail with salt and pepper and place meat side down onto skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes and then flip and cook another 5 minutes, or until shells turn bright red. Remove from skillet.
- Add tomatoes to the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes, or until they begin to burst.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with about 2 inches of water. Bring water to a boil and place asparagus in pan. Cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes. Remove asparagus from water and season with salt.
- Serve filet mignon and lobster tail over whipped potatoes and asparagus. Top with kale pesto.
- To make the pesto, add kale, basil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, and salt to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.