Also it’s my special day today. Happy birthday to ME!!!
26 years ago my parents were living in Cyprus and had their first daughter. They decided to name me Angelina, after my Grandmother, Aggeliki. Just some birthday facts.
- My Yiayia (grandma) happens to be one of my favorite people. So, she is #1 on this week’s Friday Favorites. She is literally the NICEST person I know and an awesome cook. Going to her house for dinner always means that you will eat soooo much food, and she will still try to shove more food onto your plate.
- Since making cakes is my thing, naturally I had to make myself my birthday cake. I was stuck between two flavors; coconut and chocolate tahini, so I just made both. Mini cakes are so cute, and since I had two cakes, I didn’t want to have 2 full size cakes (even though I wouldn’t have hated having more cake!) I will be posting pictures next week.
- It’s Memorial Day which means it is unofficially summer. The pools and beaches are opening its time for grilling out! Here are a few of my favorite Memorial Day recipes from around the web…
- How gorgeous is this Late Spring Cheese Board with Beet Whipped Feta?! Your guests will be sooo impressed!
- Honey mustard is my all time favorite salad dressing/condiment so, naturally I need to make this Quinoa Broccoli Slaw with Honey Mustard Dressing for my next BBQ!
- I’m currently obsessing over these Blackened Salmon Burgers with Strawberry Avocado Salsa. They are light, healthy, delicious, and so easy to make!
- For dessert I love this Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Pie. If it involves peanut butter + chocolate, count me in!
- Finally, let’s talk some fashion. Summer is right around the corner which means its almost time to take my flowy maxi dresses out of storage. This Free People dress is gorgeous and under $100! I really like all of Andee Layne’s Best Summer Dresses Under $100.
Ok, that’s it for today guys! I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend!! <3