Healthy and easy to make Green Goddess Chickpea Burgers with Tahini Yogurt Sauce are packed with flavor, gluten free, and freezer friendly.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this beauty?
Green Goddess Chickpea Burgers- with Tahini Yogurt Sauce, avocado, and arugula. Can you tell I’m ready for spring?
As much as I love a really good burger, sometimes I’m in the mood for something lighter and less greasy. [enter these chickpea burgers].
These burgers are healthy, packed with flavor, and super easy to make. You simply combine all the ingredients in a food processor, form your patties, and cook a couple of minutes on each side.
The addition of kale gives the burgers their green color. If you aren’t a big fan of kale, you can swap it out with fresh spinach.
Pan frying these vegetarian burgers in a little bit of oil helps form the crispy outside. You can easily double or triple this recipe and store extra patties in your freezer.
Now let’s talk about the Tahini Yogurt Sauce. Its seriously so good, I can eat it by the spoonful! All you need is Greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, a little olive oil, and some dried mint. If you are vegan, swap out the Greek yogurt with a non-dairy alternative.
Enjoy the burgers with sliced avocado and fresh arugula!
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup golden flax meal
- 5 kale leaves, stems removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 brioche buns (use gluten free buns if necessary)
- sliced avocado, arugula, for topping
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (substitute non-dairy yogurt if vegan)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp salt
- Place chickpeas, onion, garlic, spices, and flax meal in food processor. Process until a chunky dough is formed. Add kale leaves and pulse 4-6 times until combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add patties and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the burgers, add the arugula on the bottom of the bun. Place the burger on top, followed by the avocado and tahini yogurt sauce.
- To make the tahini yogurt, combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, and salt in a small bowl. Mix well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to use.