Grilled Pesto Chicken, Peach, and Burrata Flatbread is easy and delicious with the help of Dorot – the perfect way to use your grill this summer!
We need to celebrate the official first day of summer! And the proper way to it is with something cheesy, and grilled that just screams summer.
Sooo I present to you Grilled Pesto Chicken, Nectarine, and Burrata Flatbread…or pizza…or whatever you want to call it. I mean, I know there has to be some difference between the two, but any type of dough with toppings on it and lots of cheese seems pretty much the same to me. I’m calling this one a flatbread simply because it’s shaped in a rectangle rather than a circle and it just feels more like a flatbread.
Ok Grilled Pesto Chicken, Nectarine, and Burrata Flatbread – let’s do this!
To me summer food is all about the grill. Everything on this flatbread (plus the actual flatbread) is grilled.
Here’s how this flatbread comes together. First up is the walnut pesto. This is key. It’s fresh and light, and adds the flavor in this flatbread. Plus its super easy to make thanks to Dorot.
By using Dorot’s Fresh Basil and Chopped Garlic, this pesto is ready in under 5 minutes with minimum prep and cleanup! The pesto is the perfect base and topping for the chicken, but the leftovers are also great on roasted veggies and salads.
Next, the chicken is coated with pesto and grilled to perfection. Fresh juicy peaches are sliced, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and grilled until soft and caramelized. Then, the flatbread comes together coating the grilled crust with pesto and adding the sliced chicken and grilled peaches.
Finally the flatbread is topped with burrata, fresh basil, and chopped walnuts. Yup, it’s pretty much perfection!
I know you’ll enjoy this flatbread. It’s cheesy and loaded with such fresh flavors. The best part? It requires very little preparation AND it’s the perfect way to celebrate an awesome summer week!
- 8 cubes Dorot Frozen Chopped Basil
- 3 cubes Dorot Frozen Crushed Garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 homemade or store bought pizza dough
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small food processor or blender, combine frozen chopped basil, frozen crushed garlic, and walnuts. Process until walnuts are broken up. Add olive oil, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Spray grill with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Coat chicken breasts with1 tbsp of pesto and grill 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and slice.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and honey. Brush vinegar mixture onto sliced peaches and place on grill. Grill 30 seconds on each side. Remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into an oval shape (about 12-14 inches long). Brush one side of dough with olive oil and quickly place on grill, olive oil side down. Grill for 3 minutes. Brush the top with olive oil, and flip. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Brush ½ cup pesto onto flatbread. Quickly arrange cooked chicken slices and peaches on flatbread. Turn off heat and top with burrata. fresh basil, chopped walnuts, salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Let sit 5 minutes to allow burrata to melt.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!