You are only 25 minutes away from finger-lickin’ good Grilled Rack of Lamb with Green Sauce – so delicious and surprisingly easy to make!
Say hello to the ultimate late summer dinner.
Grilled Rack of Lamb with Green Sauce.
You guys, this dish is impressive, delicious, and surprisingly easy to make.
When it comes to lamb, I prefer simple flavors so that the tender meat can be the star of the show.
And simple means that you can serve it with a sauce .. because everyone loves a good sauce.
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare a rack of lamb. It is rubbed with plenty of garlic, thyme, rosemary, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper.
I let the lamb marinade overnight so that they flavors can work their magic. If you are short on time, you can marinade it at least 30 minutes before grilling (if you don’t have a grill, you can roast the rack of lamb in a preheated 450°F oven for 15 minutes. Flip and roast another 10 minutes).
To serve, I grilled some sliced zucchini and topped everything off with the.BEST.green.sauce.ever.
The sauce simply spinach, garlic, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and olive oil. This combination is a FLAVOR BOMB and can be used on anything – grilled meats, chicken, seafood, veggies, a dip for bread …
So, get to grilling!
P.S. You can use your fingers. No one’s judging!
- 1 Frenched rack of lamb
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp + 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp + 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place rack of lamb in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 tsp thyme, 1 tbsp rosemary, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Rub into lamb rack. Top with remaining whole garlic cloves, thyme, and rosemary sprigs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night. (If short on time, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, instead.)
- Remove lamb from refrigerator and allow to stand at room temperature about 1 hour. Heat one side of grill on high heat, leaving the other side off.
- Place the rack of lamb on lit side of grill for 3-4 minutes. Flip and grill another 3-4 minutes. Then, move lamb rack to unlit side of grill and cook for 15 minutes, with indirect heat, or until internal temperature reaches 135°F, for medium rare. Remove from grill and let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- To make green sauce, place spinach, garlic, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt in bowl of food processor. Pulse a few time to finely chop. Transfer to mixing bowl and stir in olive oil.
- To make zucchini, lightly brushing each side with olive oil. Grill over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and sprinkle with salt.
- To serve, place zucchini slices on plate. Top with sliced lamb and top with green sauce.