Easy and delicious Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Mango Chimichurri – full of delicious, healthy, & fresh ingredients. Made in 20 minutes!
I’ve got tacos!!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Mango Chimichurri. Guys, if I had to choose one type of taco to eat the rest of my life, it would be this one.
I almost just want to tell you to scroll straight to the recipe. Because you don’t really need my rambling right now. You NEED these tacos.
But, for those who want to read a little more about these tacos, read on!
So, what we have here is the most amazing Mexican spice-loaded shrimp layered on a bed of crunchy purple cabbage topped with mango chimichurri. All on a charred corn tortilla with lots of lime squeezed over top. Yes, please.
The marinade on the shrimp is something I could never get tired of. Fresh lime juice and zest, olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. I imagine it to be just as delicious on fish or chicken, too.
Once the shrimp is grilled or pan-fried, the flavor is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Seriously. I was freaking out the first time I made these because I wasn’t expecting it to be that good.
You can not skip out on the mango chimichurri. It really completes the taco and adds the perfect fresh/spicy/tangy flavor. The mango adds a touch of sweetness that compliments the spiciness.
Okay, so if I haven’t made it clear to you, I love these grilled shrimp tacos. They are fast, easy, healthy, and delicious.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and tail off
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Toppings: lime wedges, chopped cilantro, jalapeno slices, radishes, hot sauce
- ¾ cup cilantro
- ¾ cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ red chili pepper
- ½ jalapeno, seeded for less spiciness
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced mango
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the shrimp by placing it in a gallon size zip-top bag. Add minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, ground coriander, lime zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Secure bag and mix to combine. Set aside while you prepare the chimichurri.
- To make the mango chimichurri, combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, red chili pepper, andjalapeno pepper in a food processor. Pulse until everything is finely chopped. Add vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse 2-3 times to combine. Place chimichurri in a bowl and mix in diced mango. Cover until ready to use.
- Heat grill or skillet to medium high heat. Cook shrimp in a single layer 2 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked (be careful not to overcook the shrimp!).
- To assemble the tacos, lay shredded cabbage over tortilla. Add shrimp and top with chimichurri. Top with any toppings you like.