Easy Blackened Salmon Burgers with Strawberry Avocado Salsa are healthy and delicious – perfect for your Memorial Day celebrations and all your upcoming summer BBQs!
You are looking at your Memorial Day weekend plans are right here ↑↑
Yup, we have healthy blackened salmon burgers AND strawberry avocado salsa! All piled high on a fresh brioche bun. Paired with a chilled glass of your favorite Pinot, you are ready for the unofficial start of summer. Don’t forget my invitation!
Memorial day weekend is my favorite weekend of the entire year. Besides the fact that it’s the unofficial start of summer and a long weekend, it’s also my birthday!!
I hope everyone is ready for a slice of cake this weekend! I’ve been trying to think of what type of cake I should make – and I’ve narrowed it down to three options. Chocolate, coconut, or a salted caramel. I also have a ton of strawberries in the fridge, so a strawberry cake might be an option too. ughhh, why is this such a hard decision?!
Strawberry season is officially at its peak right now and I can’t get enough of them. Every market is full of juicy bright red sweet fruit and I can’t resist buying at least one container every time I go. Which would explain why my fridge looks like a strawberry patch. Not that I’m complaining. Strawberry Fields forever, anyone?
Does the idea of strawberries in your burger freak you out?? I have to admit that I’m not one for fruits in my food. It’s a texture thing. But, strawberry salsa? This is a game changer and I am hoping you can be open-minded to the idea and give it a try.
So, all this talking about strawberry salsa, let’s get to the actual burgers. Here’s the deal, these salmon burgers healthy and delicious & so incredibly easy to prepare. I’m talking 10 minutes of prep time, then fire up the grill or skillet, and cook the burgers. Lastly, assemble the burgers on a warm brioche bun … and don’t forget the salsa!
Hope you have a wonderful and fun weekend, everyone! <3
- 1 lb wild caught salmon, skin removed
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp oil, plus more for cooking
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 brioche or hamburger buns
- 8 oz strawberries, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine coconut sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, thyme, chili powder, and pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Add salmon to bowl of food processor and pulse a few times until finely chopped.Place chopped salmon in a medium size bowl and add panko crumbs and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix until just combined.
- Form salmon mixture into 4 patties. Sprinkle both sides of patties generously with spice mixture.
- Heat grill or skillet over medium high heat. Grease with olive oil. Cook burgers until golden, 3-4 minutes. Flip gently and cook other side, 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place burgers on buns and top with strawberry avocado salsa!
- To make the Strawberry Avocado Salsa, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Salsa can be stored in a covered air tight bowl in refrigerator for 2-3 days.