Satisfy your sweet tooth, guilt-free, with these No Bake Dark Chocolate Nut Bars – sweetened with dates and loaded with cashews, peanut butter, and hazelnuts. (Vegan, gluten free, & paleo)
These bars are a total bliss. Three layers of nutty goodness stacked on top of each other.
The base layer is made of cashews, the filling is a mixture of peanut butter and dates (which surprisingly tastes just like the inside of a Reese’s cup), and the top layer is made of roasted hazelnuts. Then, to make the bars extra special, I dipped some of them in dark chocolate
Hey, dark chocolate is good for you!!
The combination of all of the different nuts and chocolate is so amazing together.
AND I consider these Nut Bars a “healthy” treat. They are refined sugar free since the sweetness comes from the dates (just leave out the dark chocolate).Plus, they are 100% vegan, gluten free, grain free, and paleo – which makes them perfect for just about anyone!
I’ll warn you though; these bars are addictive! They are dangerous for me to have around because I find myself constantly reaching for one.
And then, 3 bars in, I try to make myself feel better by remembering that they’re “healthy”. But its all about moderation. And just because something might be healthy, doesn’t mean you can eat the whole pan in one day (unless you’re my boyfriend who can eat 2 tubs of Haagen Dazs Strawberry ice cream and still have a six-pack).
I used Divine Chocolate’s 70% Dark Chocolate. It is so smooth, rich, and melts in your mouth. Plus the company is a certified B Corp and uses only non-GMO and FairTrade ingredients. They are also all about giving women cocoa famers a voice which I really love.
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 dates, pitted
- 22 dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, halved
- optional100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa or more), melted
- Line a loaf pan (9 x 3 inches or 8 cup) with parchment paper.
- To make the base, place the dates and coconut oil in a food processor. Blend until they form a paste consistency. Add cashews and process until it forms a sticky mixture (about 30-45 seconds).
- Press the cashew mixture onto to the bottom of the lined loaf pan. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, process dates with peanut butter, and salt in a food processor until well combined. After 15 minutes, remove pan from freezer and evenly spread filling over base. Gently press hazelnut halves over filling. Place back in freezer for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove from loaf pan and cut into bars.
- optional: Melt dark chocolate in double boiler. Dip bars into the melted chocolate. Let the chocolate set about 10 minutes before placing the bars in refrigerator to completely set.
- Keep bars refrigerated until ready to serve. Store for up to 1 week in refrigerator.