Begin your summer mornings with a glass of perfect cold brew coffee with non-dairy vanilla creamer. It is SO easy, and so so good!!
It’s the end of summer. Well, not really. We technically still have most of September left so, it’s only appropriate that we do the most summery things until then.
Like wear white pants, and go to the beach, and drink as much iced coffee as possible.
I am most definitely a coffee person. My days can’t start without a cup of coffee. I sometimes even end my days with coffee. And the nights that I don’t, I get excited to go to bed looking forward to my morning cup.
I have to admit, I’m more of a hot coffee person. With a splash of milk, no sugar. That’s my standard and I will always love it no matter how hot it is outside.
However, in the summer time, I also love a glass of iced coffee.
Preferably cold brewed made with illy dark roast coffee. The cold brew process is so simple and creates the most perfectly balanced, low acid, smooth cup of coffee.
In the summer, I always have cold brew concentrate in the fridge, which saves me like a million dollars from purchasing the overpriced coffee sold at my local coffee shops. Plus, the taste and quality is wayyy better thanks to illy. illy’s coffee is extraordinary, rich, smooth, and aromatic.
For the perfect cold brewed coffee, I add 1 part cold brew concentrate and 2 parts water to a glass full of ice. Then, I top it off with a quick and easy vanilla non-dairy creamer made of almond milk (or any other type of milk you prefer). After my first sip I always wis it were summer all year round.
Iced coffee weather forever ♡.
P.S., make sure you visit illy and use code COFFEE17 to enjoy 20% off your next online order!
- 12 oz ground coffee beans, I love illy dark roast
- 7 cups filtered water
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice: coconut milk, cashew milk, cow's milk, etc.)
- 1 whole vanilla bean (seeds removed), or 1 tbsp vanilla extract or paste
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, or cane sugar
- 1 part cold brew concentrate
- 2 parts water
- 2 tbsp vanilla creamer
- ice cubes
- Add ground coffee to a large pitcher or bowl. Add water and stir gently to combine. Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit in room temperature for at least 12 hours, or up to 24 hours. Line a mesh strainer with a cheese cloth and slowly strain coffee into a clean pitcher. Chill in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Combine milk, vanilla bean seeds, and maple syrup in a pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Fill your glass with ice cubes. Add 1 part cold brew concentrate, two parts water, and 2 tbsp vanilla creamer. Stir to combine. Enjoy!