Skinny Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – made with no butter, no oil, and no white flour! Gluten-free, low calorie, low fat, healthy, and delicious!
In case the title didn’t make it obvious, these muffins are basically all of my favorite things mixed together – chocolate, peanut butter, banana – PLUS they’re skinny.
Favorite thing number one: chocolate and peanut butter – AKA the greatest combination in the world. I’m not even kidding and you know it! If you don’t like chocolate and peanut butter, I really don’t even know where to begin!
Favorite thing number two: bananas with peanut butter. A slice of toasted Seed Bread with peanut butter, banana slices, and honey – the tastiest and quickest snack or pre-workout meal ever!
The only thing better than these two combos is marrying them together – in a skinny not-so-bad-for-you muffin. Yes, these muffins are butter-free, oil-free, and gluten-free! They are made with powder peanut butter (I like to use BetterBody Foods PBfit), which significantly cuts down the calories and fat. You can even adjust the sweetness depending on your personal preference.
Healthy muffins? Yes, please!
- Serves: 12 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup powder peanut butter
- ¾ cups milk of your choice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp-1/4 cup brown sugar (adjust depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup oat flour*
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer) mix mashed bananas, powder peanut butter, milk, honey, and brown sugar using a hand mixer.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, oat flour, and cocoa powder to wet ingredients and blend.
- Gently add oats and chocolate chips. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour ⅓ cup of batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let muffins cook for 10 minutes before removing from pan.