Skip the green-dyed foods this St. Paddy’s Day and celebrate with naturally green Spinach Linguine with a Creamy Chicken Sausage Artichoke Sauce!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! Although you probably won’t find me at an Irish bar guzzling down green beer, or eating a not-so-healthy-green-dyed bagel, I’m still being festive by eating naturally green meals today.
While a giant plate of corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes is the traditional meal for St. Patrick’s Day, I’m going to mix it up and go green with Spinach Linguine served with a Creamy Chicken Sausage and Artichoke Sauce.
I used spinach linguine in this recipe but if you don’t have any on hand, you can certainly use regular or whole-wheat linguine or fettuccine.
For the sauce I used mild Italian chicken sausage. Chicken sausage is great because it adds lots of flavor to the dish without all of the extra fat of traditional pork sausage. When choosing your chicken sausage, opt for organic or an all-natural kind that is free from artificial preservatives, colorings, and flavors.
For vegetables, I added baby spinach and artichoke hearts. I love the creamy combo of spinach-artichoke anything, so adding these two green veggies into this dish was a no-brainer.
Now for the creaminess. I used Anthony’s Premium Heavy Cream Powder. I have to admit, this was the first time I have ever used powdered heavy cream, and I am very pleased with the results! Anthony’s Goods is a bulk gluten-free, natural/organic foods provider. In order to keep healthy, high-quality products affordable, Anthony’s Brands sells them in larger amounts. They use only real ingredients and all of their products are carefully selected for high quality. The Heavy Cream Powder added the perfect creaminess and nice flavor to the sauce. Plus it’s certified gluten-free and GMO-free! You can find this Heavy Cream Powder here.
- 1 package spinach linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian chicken sausage, removed from casings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 10 artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp Anthony's Heavy Cream Powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, boil water and cook linguine (al dente) as directed on package.
- In a separate saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and cook, breaking it apart. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, add the spinach, artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the chicken broth and powdered heavy cream. Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle flour over sauce and incorporate. Stir until sauce slightly thickens.
- Once linguine is cooked, drain and add to the saucepan. Toss pasta to coat with sauce.
- To serve, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Anthony’s Goods. All opinions and recipes are 100% mine. If you are looking for more great products, be sure to check out Anthony’s Goods product page.