Beets are very healthy, naturally sweet, and a colorful addition to any table. Enjoy them in this easy and fresh Golden Beet Salad with a white balsamic vinaigrette.
Beets are one of my favorite vegetables at the moment. They come in a wide range of colors and each of these types of beets have a unique taste and sweetness to them.
Golden beets are slightly sweeter and a little less “earthy” than traditional red beets. They are also slightly softer and won’t stain your whole kitchen.
Although beets are high in sugar, they are packed with vitamins, minerals, and powerful antioxidants. All beets are great sources of fiber, potassium, iron, and folic acid. Since Golden beets are orange-yellowish in color, their health benefits are slightly different from red beets. Orange and yellow vegetables contain high levels of vitamin C, vitamin A, beta-carotene, lycopene, flavonoids, and zeaxanthin. They are also packed with antioxidants, so eat up your bright orange and yellow fruits and vegetables!
This Golden Beet salad is so simple to make. It can be served warm or cold. If you prefer a cold salad, it can be prepared a day in advance.
White balsamic vinegar? It tastes very much like regular balsamic vinegar. I like to use it with lighter color foods to prevent any discoloring.
- 4-5 medium size golden beets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Scrub beets to remove all dirt. Pat dry with paper towel. Wrap in aluminum foil and roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Remove beets from oven and let cool. Remove skin and cut beets into cubes. Place in a medium size bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Pour over cooked beets. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle parsley over beets and mix to combine.
- Serve warm or cold.