This No-Bake Cranberry Walnut Tart comes together in just minutes and makes great addition to your Thanksgiving or holiday dessert table! Full of walnuts, dates, and cranberries, your guests will be be going for seconds of this guilt-free dessert (vegan, gluten free, Paleo).
This tart is straight out my dreams.
Raw, vegan, gluten free, Paleo and OMG SO DELICIOUS!!! I don’t even know who I am anymore.
I first made this tart back in college for a Thanksgiving themed lunch I had to manage for one of my food management courses and have been dreaming about it ever since.
[WARNING: this is not a low fat dessert. But, it’s full of healthy omega-3 fats and antioxidants, and has no refined sugar, so TREAT YOURSELF!)
No-bake Cranberry Walnut Tart is full of my favorite things blended together into one delicious, fruity, and colorful dessert.
and coconut butter cashew “white chocolate”, ummm YES, PLEASE!
I love the idea of “ease” during the holidays, especially Thanksgiving, when you have about 472639 other things to cook. – you know, basting the turkey every 15 minutes, mashing the potatoes, remembering not to burn whatever sides you have roasting in the oven. So, when it comes to dessert, I like to keep things simple – a couple of pies that I prepare the night before and something that requires little effort. I like to make something no-bake, and with the plethora of cranberries that I bought this year (thank you, Costco), this was the perfect choice.
The crust is a mixture of walnuts, coconut, and dates. All you have to do is throw everything in your food processor, and let it do all the work.
The filling is also made in the food processor. It made of dates, cinnamon, and a hint of vanilla. I could probably just eat this part with a spoon.
Now, the coconut butter cashew “white chocolate” drizzle. This party is totally optional, but HIGHLY recommended. It’s coconut butter, soaked cashews, maple syrup, and vanilla, blended into a smooth paste that seriously tastes like white chocolate.
Seriously, it’s all I want to eat. Forever and ever.
- 1½ cups walnuts
- 1½ cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ½ cup pitted mejdool dates
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 12 ounces (about 25) pitted mejdool dates, soaked in hot water for 10-15 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- To make the crust, add walnuts, shredded coconut, dates, and salt to a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms. Press into the bottom of a tart pan. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Place cranberries and orange juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Add dates, vanilla, and cinnamon to food processor and blend until smooth. Fold in ¾ cup soaked cranberries and 1 cup walnuts. Spread evenly into chilled tart shell.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over filling and top with remaining cranberries.
- Add coconut butter, soaked cashews, maple syrup, and vanilla to blender. Blend until smooth. Add water and blend on high until smooth. Drizzle over top of tart.