Fresh and delicious Roasted Corn and Potato Salad coated with a healthy and light olive oil lemon dressing.
This post has been sponsored Bertolli® and Kroger Game Day Greats. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The ultimate game day dish – Roasted Corn and Potato Salad with Bertolli® Olive Oil dressing. Quick, easy, and packed with flavor. This will be a win at your next game day party!
We had cooler temperatures this week , which means fall is on its way – and what does fall mean? Football, tailgating, and my favorite, game day parties! Bring on the game day snacks.
However, it also made me realize that summer is almost over! Sigh . I realized that I didn’t really do many summery things this year. Like – sip frozen umbrella drinks by the pool, grill out, eat my weight in ice cream cones and popsicles. And most importantly, why am I just as pale as I was in the spring??!
On the bright side, fall is just around the corner and I made a “fall bucket list” to make up for all of the summery things I missed out on this year. You know, go apple picking, carve pumpkins, build bonfires and make s’mores, host a game day party.
Those sorts of things.
Plus, after Labor Day, summer is pretty much over and I am excited for crunchy leaves
pumpkin spice everything
and super excited for football season because of the FOOD. obvs.
I’m seriously all about party food. And today I made you a huge bowl of deliciousness for your next game day party. It’s delicious, it’s easy, and you can even pack it and bring it with you to a tailgating party.
It’s the ultimate potato salad. With roasted potatoes, corn, and red peppers. In Bertolli® olive oil dressing. With lots of texture and flavor.
What makes it even better? All of the ingredients can be found at Kroger. One-stop shopping makes creating a delicious game day snack so simple.
Regular mayo-based potato salads aren’t really my thing. However, I love potatoes when they are tossed in olive oil and fresh herbs and a little hint of lemon. Now we’re talking!
GUYS. I have never loved a salad as much as I do right now – a salad that is made of carbs. Yes, please. THIS is my kind of salad.
Plus, it’s super easy and comes together in no time! All you have to do is roast the potatoes, red peppers, and corn. Once they are cooked, you toss them in a bowl with chopped red onion and the dressing. Add a sprinkle of sliced scallions and DONE.
The star of this potato salad really is the olive oil dressing – Bertolli® olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, and parsley. It’s a magical thing.
In order to have the most flavor, you have to use a high-quality olive oil. My go-to oil is Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (link out to Bertolli® website) . I can always rely on my local Kroger store to have it in stock in the cooking oil aisle.
Come football season, the Kroger Game Day Greats program has EVERYTHING I need for my football parties. You can find the closest Kroger store to you here, and use this $1 Off Kroger Click List coupon (available September 11th – October 13th , 2017) while shopping for your game day party!
Now add this potato salad to your list of football food and make a quick Kroger run for a bottle of Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (and maybe a few bags of chips and some beer and maybe a couple pints of ice cream for dessert) to make this Roasted Corn and Potato Salad.
- 2 lbs red baby potatoes, halved
- 2 corn on the cobs (husks on)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for potatoes and peppers)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Bertolli® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for dressing)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss potato halves and diced red bell peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Place corn on a separate baking sheet.
- Place potatoes and peppers on middle rack, and the corn on the bottom rack. Roast 30 minutes. Remove corn from oven and continue roasting potatoes and peppers 30 more minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, remove husks from corn and slice off the kernels.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place roasted potatoes, red peppers, and corn kernels in a large bowl. Add diced red onion and scallion. Drizzle dressing over vegetables. Toss to combine.
- Salad can be enjoyed warm or room temperature. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.